Wistaston Parish Council was formed in 1894 when its first Chairman was Arthur Griffith Hall. Over the years it has developed and now has the responsibility for the upkeep and maintenance of the recreation area known as Joey the Swan as well as the Eric Swan Sports Ground, Open Space at College Fields, 7 street lights and 1 bus shelter. The day to day administration is carried out by the Parish Clerk and maintenance is undertaken by our Park Ranger.
There are fifteen councillors, one clerk and a Park Ranger on the Wistaston Parish Council.
There are currently 6 vacancies.
Parish Council meetings are held monthly in the Memorial Hall. Minutes of meetings will be published once approved by the Council. They will be found, along with an archive of previous meetings on the meetings page.
Any notices will be published on the Notices page.
The Wistaston Neighbourhood Plan was 'made' on 7th December 2017. Find out more at :- Wistaston neighbourhood plan